Our family loves Mexican food, like seriously loves it! So, I make these delicious fajitas about once a week. This recipe is simple and takes no time at all! (Please do not be jealous of my obvious gourment kitchen, or my amazing photog skills!)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1 orange (or yellow) pepper (sliced)
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup of Teriyaki
- 1 cup of Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 package of tortillas
- Sour cream, salsa and cheese to garnish
- Place chicken in one pan, on medium heat with the worcestershire sauce, and teriyaki.
- Place peppers and onions in another pan, on medium heat (about 5 minutes after starting the chicken), with the Italian dressing and lemon juice.
- Let chicken cook for about 10-12 minutes (or until it is cooked entirely) and let the peppers and onions cook for about 7 minutes (so that they are still just a tiny bit crunchy).
- Once they are cooked through, mix the contents of both pans and remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas, and serve with salsa, sour cream and cheese.
Quick and easy meals that we love have become the foundation of my meal planning. As a mom who juggles work, parenting, and a husband who travels, I can’t slave away for hours over dinner. And, I am not that good of a cook anyway…so anything more complicated than these fajitas ain’t gonna happen in “casa de Cevallos”.
So, I’ve built up a nice little rotation of meals that my family loves. Between those meals and Plan to Eat, I keep meal planning and dinner prep. super simple and totally doable. Plan to Eat stores all of my favorite recipes, and generates my weekly meal plan and shopping list in minutes. Minutes people, minutes! And I want to help you keep it simple and doable too. This week, I am teaming up with Plan to Eat once again, to offer THREE of you a one year subscription to this awesome meal planning service, aka, how I keep sane feeding my family.
I’ve already talked about Plan to Eat several times, so you already know that I love them. One of my favorite things about the service is that you can share recipes with friends. So, once you enter let’s be friends (my user name is dnyelmrie) and share our delicious, simple, go-to meals! Then we can get busy…doing way more exciting things than spending hours meal planning, k?
Here’s how to win!
Thanks for stopping by!
Want to join my mailing list? Sign up here and get a free ebook!
This post contains affiliate links. You can read my disclosure statement here.