Today our family had a cookout to go to, and in true lack-of-planning-Danielle-form, I was scrounging around my kitchen this morning, trying to figure out what to make. When I realized I had all of these ingredients on hand, I whipped up this black bean and corn dip. I am pretty sure it originated in my husband’s mind…or maybe in his mom’s kitchen. Wherever it came from, we make it in various ways and we make it on the regular.
This dip is super easy and usually a big hit! It’s great for summer pool parties and cookouts.
- 1-Can of Corn
- 1-Can of Black Beans
- 2-Tomatoes (chopped into small chunks)
- 1-White Onion (chopped into small chunks)
- 1/4 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup of Lemon Juice
- 1 Package of Tortilla Chips
- In a large colander rinse and drain the corn and black beans. Put the tomatoes and onions into the colander and rinse over once with half of the lemon juice. Put the entire mixture into a large serving bowl and pour the red wine vinegar and remaining lemon juice into the bowl.
- Mix thoroughly and top off with a sprinkle of salt.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
If you want to spice this up a bit, add some avocado and cilantro. I’m allergic to avocado, but usually add the cilantro when I have it on hand.
Want to join my mailing list? Sign up here and get a free ebook!