Studying God’s Word might seem like a challenging spiritual discipline, set apart for bible teachers and preachers. But it isn’t. And while it can certainly be difficult at times, it is something we are all able to do, with a few simple skills, and a whole lot of practice.
You don’t have to be a scholar or a married to a preacher to really know God’s Word. What you do need is commitment to spend some time in the Word, a simple study method to use during your time in the Word, and a community to keep you accountable and help sharpen you after your time in the Word.
- Maybe you’ve tried to study God’s Word on your own before only to quit a few days in because you were overwhelmed and frustrated.
- Maybe you love studying God’s Word, but haven’t found community with others who share that same passion.
- Maybe you have never tried to go any further than a quick devotional reading each morning, but know that there is so much more of God to be found on the pages of scripture.
If that’s you, know that you are not alone.
I haven’t always known how to study God’s Word. And, even after I learned how to, I haven’t always been able to sustain the motivation to keep going.
I found myself surrounded by other women who wanted to dig deep into scripture with me. That kind of accountability, paired with a few Bible study skills helped me to grow in both scriptural knowledge, and obedience to what God was showing me through my Bible study times.
Ya’ll, I believe that if we could catch even the slightest glimpse of God’s character through the pages of scripture, we would find obedience far easier than we ever dreamed it would be, and our hearts would be filled with the deep affection for the God who authored every word on those pages.
Which is why I am starting a free Bible study this fall. I want to help encourage you in your faith by giving you some tools to study God’s Word. I also want to surround you with other women who have the same hunger and desire, so that you are continually spurred on in your pursuit of Christ.
Want to join me? Here’s what you need to know:
- The group will start on September 5th, 2016
- We will be using Katie Orr’s Everyday Peace (4 week study, 15 minutes per day)
- You will be in a FB group alongside other women who want to grow in their faith through their own Bible study.
- There will be weekly discussions through our FB group, and I will post videos each week, going over the study material.
Amazon will be shipping books out by the end of August. If you pre-order a copy before July 30th, you get some awesome freebies (pictured below) along with your order.
Purchasing your Bible study is the only cost for joining my group!
Order Your Study Here
Once you’ve ordered your book, you can claim your freebies by filling out this form!
Then, just sign up here for my group. Once it gets closer to the start date, I will send out details on how the group will run, and include the link to our new FB group!
If you want to grow deeper through more intentional time in God’s Word, in community with other women, for FREE, this is group is for you!
- Grab your study here.
- Snag your freebies here (only good until July 30th).
- Sign up for my group here.
- Tell your friends to join along with you!
You can build a sustainable Bible study habit. Growth, knowledge of the Word and intimacy with God are not for the super spiritual. They are for everyday believers like us. Which is why I love Katie’s studies. She takes us to the Word, teaches us how to mine for truth, and God through the Holy Spirit teaches, convicts and encourages our hearts, as He reveals His character to us.
Can’t wait to dig in with you all!